“Gluten-free”, “grain/corn-free”, “100% natural”, “no artificial coloring/flavors”, “made in the USA.” Don’t these terms excite you? These terms excite me! I think it’s great that our society has focused on improving our dogs’ health. Our animals are a part of our family and they deserve to eat just as well as we do. Fortunately, so many dog food brands give them that opportunity. Isn’t that great!? I’m going to show you how to make your own wheat-free dog biscuits! They’re super easy, super fun, and dogs love them!
1/2 cup Oatmeal, old fashioned
1/3 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
2 cups Barley Flour
2 tbsp Olive oil
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
3 tbsp Water
(I told you they were easy)
But wait it gets better…
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
2. Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix together! (manually)
3. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap. Once mixture is rolled out, remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with your bone-shaped cookie cutter.
4. Place biscuits on baking sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes. Biscuits should be browned and firm.
5. When baking is finished remove biscuits from baking sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.
Don’t these dog biscuits look yummy? I think they smelled pretty yummy too because I had a couple furry friends lingering around the kitchen! (even before they came out of the oven!) Unfortunately, Ani wasn’t able to try them because I’m out of town babysitting her two friends, Riley and Sasha! I promise I’ll save you some Ani!
Riley and Sasha loved these biscuits! These are guilt-free dog treats and by guilt-free I’m talking about us! I know we all want to show our pets how much we love them and sometimes we use treats to show our love. These treats are healthy, sugar-free, and GUILT-FREE! Now that doesn’t mean we should over feed them, but it’s nice knowing that we’re loving our pet and keeping them healthy at the same time!
I hope your babies enjoy their treats!
–Bayley & Ani