I love using Pinterest to find cupcake recipes which is where I found this awesome one for Banana Cupcakes! This recipe is super simple, convenient, and most of all delicious. It’s simple because the ingredients are easy to find. Anything I didn’t already have I found right at my local grocery store. It’s convenient because like I previously said, I found most of the ingredients already in my house! (Inexpensive also!) Lastly, it’s delicious! I think the cupcakes are pretty self explanatory as to why they’re so delicious. Who doesn’t like bananas?
2-2/3 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 sticks of Butter – room temperature
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Bananas, mashed (ripe bananas)
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Coconut (shredded) – I didn’t use coconut because I knew someone with a coconut allergy – perfect with or without
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk your flour, baking soda, & salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl (LOVE my KitchenAid Stand Mixer) beat butter. Add sugar and beat for a few minutes. Add eggs, one at a time at low speed, then add vanilla. This mixture should look smooth – now add your mashed bananas.
3. Now begin adding flour mixture (dry ingredients) and buttermilk alternatively, beginning and ending with your dry ingredients.
4. Begin filling your cupcake cups (about 2/3 full). You should fill about 18-20 cupcake cups. Bake for about 18 minutes.
helpful hint: I prefer using PaperChef Culinary Parchment Large Baking Cups! Nothing sticks – awesome!
5. Once removed from the oven and cupcake pan let cool completely before frosting – trust me it’ll slide right off!
Note: I have tweaked this recipe to make it my own!
What’s a cupcake without the frosting, right? I made a Cream Cheese Frosting which is by far my favorite and the easiest frosting to make. This frosting is perfect for this Banana Cupcake recipe because it doesn’t overpower the banana flavor. People have asked why I didn’t think to use a banana frosting. I think a banana frosting takes away from the fresh banana taste!
So you’re almost there… I bet you’re excited for the finished product! I promise you’ll go back for more.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick Butter – room temperature
1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese – room temperature
2-3 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
helpful hint: Remember any brand of cream cheese and butter works! I use my market’s store brand. Less expensive for the same great product.
1. Using your electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl periodically.
2. Add vanilla and continue mixing. Slowly begin adding powdered sugar at a low speed. Trust me it will fly everywhere if the speed is too high.
3. Once your frosting is thick and creamy (to your desire) begin frosting your cupcakes!
(I added yellow sprinkles just for some color!)
YAY! You’re finished. I hope this recipe worked for you and I hope you enjoy your cupcakes! If anyone has any feedback for me comment below! Thanks!
– Bayley & Ani