“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”
There is always something to be thankful for..
-Bayley & Ani
-Bayley & Ani
I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin pie. During the holidays you best believe you’ll come across countless numbers of pumpkin pies. Rarely do I venture down that road, no thank you. A Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcake? Yes please. Although I rarely enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie, I do enjoy this pumpkin cupcake. This cupcake has a nice balance between the mini chocolate chips and the rich pumpkin flavor. The chocolate frosting adds the special kick to top it off. The chocolate/pumpkin combination is super – love this recipe!
P.S. – I love working with pumpkin. It’s easy to cook with, makes the house smell great, and reminds me of fall. If you’re a fall lover, try this recipe asap.
1 cup Butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Ground Cloves
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 15 ounce can Canned Pumpkin
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1 cup Butter
1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese
7 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3-4 cups Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan. Makes about 18-20 cupcakes.
2. In electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Add brown sugar and regular sugar to electric mixer.
Note: Remember to scrap down sides regularly.
5. Add eggs one at a time to electric mixer.
6. Gradually add flour mixture to electric mixer.
7. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin until well combined.
8. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
9. Fill cupcake cups about 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes. Once finished let cool before frosting.
1. Whisk powdered sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed.
4. Gradually add powdered sugar mixture to electric mixer. Mix until smooth and creamy.
5. Frost your cupcakes!
Note: I used left over mini chocolate chips for garnish. You can use other candy during the fall season!
Enjoy this sweet fall reminder!
– Bayley & Ani